We firmly believe that printing companies and print buyers alike have a responsibility to reduce their adverse affect upon the environment and with a fresh approach can make their own valuable contribution to safeguarding the planet.
Europa (GOC) is committed to ensuring that care of the environment is paramount within our organisation and we encourage our clients to make every effort to reduce their carbon footprint by recommending environmentally friendly papers and processes wherever possible. Fortunately, good environmental practice and sound business sense go hand in hand and the cliché ‘it shouldn’t cost the Earth’ has never been truer than it is today. No longer must companies compromise on quality or price to produce an environmentally sound yet stunning piece of print.
We like to think that we practise what we preach and that our customers can work with us safe in the knowledge that we are committed to operating to strict environmental standards. Here are just some of the environmental improvements we have made at Europa (GOC):
- Chemical free CTP plate-making
- The use of vegetable-based inks
- Use of Recycled and Environmentally friendly papers
- Compliance with environmental legislation
- Recycling of all waste paper and metals via authorised and accredited companies
- FSC® certification
- Company wide ‘switch off and save’ policy
- Planned delivery routes to minimise fuel consumption and emissions
- Donation of paper off-cuts and notepads to charities and schools
- Re-use of envelopes and waste paper in the offices
- Use of local, accredited suppliers wherever possible
- Encouraging staff to car-share, use public transport and cycle to work
- Induction and ongoing staff training in environmental best practice.
Our efforts have been recognised and rewarded by environmental bodies and the press in recent years and we are proud to have been awarded the following.
The Green Mark Award 2007
The Green Apple Award 2007
Environmental Business of the Year [Runner up] 2007
International Green Hero Award 2008
Sustainable Business of the year 2008 – Commended
Environmental business of the year 2008 – Finalist
To receive our environmental information pack please call the Sales Department on 020 88 555 444